Individual Placement and Support Employment service.
Who are we
The employment service is a team of employment specialists who support people to find, and sustain, paid employment in real work settings.
Using the individual placement and support (IPS) model, our team provide a bespoke and personalised service tailored to your individual preferences and choices, and help you to identify employment goals and create a realistic employment plan.
Our employment specialists are part of the community mental health teams across Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. We work in partnership with health and social care professionals to support you to achieve your goals. Read more about the service in our press release.
The service has been accredited by the Centre for Mental Health as a UK Centre of Excellence.
We are currently the only Centre of Excellence in Yorkshire and one of 19 in the UK.
What we can offer
- An individual and personalised service.
- Support to find the type of work you want to do.
- Help with creating a CV, making applications and interviews.
- Links with local services and employers.
- Help with disclosing your health condition to employers if you choose to.
- Work related benefits advice.
- Support once paid employment is gained.
What we require from you
- The motivation to start or return to work.
- Willing to start job searching within four weeks.
- Able to meet regularly in a community setting.
- Willingness to commit to a realistic employment plan.
Who are services are for
The employment service is designed for people accessing secondary mental health services, such as community mental health teams or the early intervention teams.
Referrals can be made by health and social care professionals in community mental health teams including care coordinators, support workers and psychiatrists.
The employment service is unable to accept self-referrals.
How to contact us
South and west community mental health teams
10-16 St Martin’s Avenue,
Fieldhead Business Park,