Community mental health teams (CMHTs) are an important part of our non-urgent care pathway for specialist mental health care.
Our aim is to make sure that, if you have a serious and enduring mental health problem you are assessed, supported and treated in the right way. We want you to keep, or regain your place in your local community and achieve your full potential and optimal recovery.
A CMHT is made up of a range of mental health experts who work together to provide the right care for you. They include:
- community mental health nurses,
- social workers,
- occupational therapists,
- psychological therapists.
Telephone: 01274 221189
Who is this service for?
Our service is for people with complex and enduring mental health problems who require specialist support.
- Give advice and support to primary care and other professionals about how to manage your care.
- Introduce you to other services and organisations in line with your needs.
- Provide assessment, treatment and care if you are experiencing a time-limited disorder and could benefit from specialist care.
- Provide assessment, treatment and care if you have more complex and enduring needs.
- Provide and review your assessed support if you have a mental health problem.
- Provide assessment and support if you are a vulnerable person with a mental health problem.
How can you access this service?
If you are registered with a GP in Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale or Craven you can ask your GP to make a referral through our Single Point of Access telephone number: 01274 221 181
You may then be referred to one of five CMHTs teams based across the district.
|City CMHT (two teams)||Level 3, Horton Park Centre, Horton Park Avenue, Bradford, BD7 3EG.|
|Bradford district south (three teams)||10-16 St Martin’s Avenue, Fieldhead Business Park, Bradford BD7 1LG|
|Bradford district north (three teams)||Somerset House, Manor Lane, Shipley, BD18 3BP|
|Airedale Wharfedale and Craven (three teams)||Meridian House, Bradford Road, Keighley, BD21 4AD|
|Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven||The Craven Centre Skipton Hospital, Keighley Road, Skipton BD23 2RJ.|
Our aim is to bring the care you need closer to where you live. All bases have bookable clinic space for appointments. If appropriate to do so, we can also work in community settings or in your own home.