Please note all of our carers hubs are closed until further notice. In light of the current COVID 19 situation, we have taken the decision to close the Carers Hubs run by the Care Trust until further notice. Once we are in a position to resume activities a further update will be provided. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis our First Response service is available on 0800 9521181.
For further information on where you can get carer support during these uncertain times, as well as updates on our Hub & team, please see our monthly newsletter.
At Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust, we work closely with those people who are caring for loved ones or family members, who are receiving services from our Trust.
Carers are involved in our work in a number of ways, from helping to shape our services and getting involved in key Trust groups, to getting advice and support. Read our promise to carers.
Who is a carer?
Do you provide help and support to somebody who may struggle to manage because of frailty, illness or disability? This person may be your child, spouse, another relative or friend. The help may include personal care, managing medication, cooking, shopping, housework and giving emotional support. If you do any of these things, you may be referred to by professionals, as a carer.
Our Carer Service
At present, our Carer Hub is closed as a physical space, but we are continuing to support carers by phone, email and online. Keep in touch for updates of any changes to our service over the coming months.
How can I hear more about the hubs?
Please register to our Carers Hubs’ mailing list by completing the online form.
For further information about the Hubs please call 01274 251 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Triangle of Care
The Trust is pleased to be a member of the Triangle of Care. This is a great opportunity for us to showcase the good work we are doing with our carers and be nationally recognised by being awarded a Triangle of Care kite mark. The Triangle of Care is a self-assessment process based on the principle that care is made better by good working relationships and communication between the service user, professionals and carers.
In March 2018, we were awarded our first gold star for the successful submission within our inpatient and crisis services and in December 2021 we were awarded a second gold star for our work within phase two of the scheme, which was to assess the needs of people caring for people who use our community mental health services, and to pledge our commitment to improve the service that we provide to carers. This will be followed by phase three, which is an assessment of our adult physical health services.
For further information contact the Carer team on 01274 251112 or email email@example.com
- Dementia Friendly services – details of support services that might be useful for carers that are also available at the Carers Hub, that cover Bradford East, Bradford South, Bradford West, Keighley and Shipley.
- NHS Choices – a range of useful information and advice for carers.
- News release – about the opening of the Carers Hub
- WYHP Carer Toolkit – provides a range of resources and support for carers and their loved ones. Includes a COVID 19 Plan B tool.
- Help with carers allowance – ‘Finding your way’
- Practical guide to healthy caring – provides information and advice to carers about staying healthy. This booklet is particular relevant for carers 65 years or older and those new to caring.
- Practical guide to healthy ageing – provides information and advice to help improve the health and fitness of people of any age, but is particularly relevant for people 70 years or older.
- RallyRound – a simple free online website that allows friends and families to help you share day to day activities.