CLEAR 2020 – Collaborative Learning through Evidence and Research
POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS – TO BE RESCHEDULED
On Tuesday 16 June 2020, the BDCFT Library & R&D teams will host CLEAR 2020 at Bradford City Football Club. The day will include a mix of local and national speakers, as well as a range of presentations and posters to highlight quality local research and evidence based practice projects. It is anticipated that the day will be a motivational and learning experience for all staff interested in research and evidence based practice. Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Dr Tom Foley, NHS Digital
- Andy Gill & David Stewart, Health Education England
- Erica Ison, Critical Appraisal Skills Programme
- Professor Simon Gilbody, University of York
The event will be opened by Brent Kilmurray, BDCFT Chief Executive.
Delegates are expected from a range of local Trusts and partner organisations. As part of the conference, we would like to invite colleagues to showcase their research and evidence based practice. There are several options available:
Parallel Session Presentations
Workshop presentations are invited on projects and examples of research and evidence based practice. These can be on any topic of relevance to the Trust. These presentations will be allotted 20 minutes, i.e. 15 minutes presenting time and 5 minutes for questions. However this may be negotiable – if you feel that you need longer than this, please specify in your abstract.
Bradford’s Got Evidence Based Talent!
Bradford’s Got Evidence Based Talent is a fun succession of short two minute presentations to re-open the conference after lunch. These comprise part of the main programme before the afternoon keynote speaker. These short presentations can be given on any aspect of research or evidence based practice.
A range of posters will be on display during the conference for delegates to view during the breaks. Posters can be submitted for any aspect of research or evidence based practice. There will also be prizes for the winning posters with all delegates having a vote in a secret ballot!
If you would like to be considered for any of these opportunities, please complete the application form. Completed forms should be submitted by Friday 28th February 2020 at 5pm.
CLEAR 2018 – Collaborative Learning through Evidence and Research
CLEAR 2018 took place on the 17th May 2018 at Bradford City football club. Nearly 150 staff from BDCFT and our partner organisations attended the research and evidence based practice conference and saw keynote speakers including Roy Lilley (NHS Writer, Broadcaster and Founder of the Academy Stuff) and Gareth Allen (Woburn Coaching). The day also included a range of local speakers reporting back on research and evidence based projects, as well as posters and stands. The day was an enjoyable learning event for all and was captured by artist Tom Bailey – here are the cartoons that he produced on the day.
- Gregor Russell – Research at BDCFT: a good news story
- Gregor Russell – AI: will machines save the world (and make me redundant)?
- Gary Fry – Preparation among caregivers of people with dementia
- Gail Mountain – Research and clinical practice: how to reap the benefits
- David Stewart – Evidence does not speak for itself
- Christopher Weston – The power of multi-disciplinary team working and recovery innovations in forensic psychiatry
- Abby Dunn – Introducing a measure of mother to infant bonding into routine primary care in Better Start Bradford
- Vasileios Stamou – The ANGELA project
- Sue Bellas – EMERALD: improving diabetes outcomes for people with severe mental illness
- Pamela Shaw – Building student resilience through a community of learning
- Joanne Squires – Continuous Professional Development (CPD) work based project and MyWellbeing College update