Library and health promotion resources
Welcome to the library service for Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust. We provide a warm and welcoming service for all NHS staff, students and health promoters across the Bradford and Airedale district. The library contains resources on all aspects of health, but we have a specific focus on mental health, community healthcare, learning disabilities and health management.
Our library is at Lynfield Mount Hospital. We are in a building to the right of the main reception of Lynfield Mount and we are signposted from the car park. If you haven’t used the library before please let us know and we will give you a tour of the library and highlight any resources you might be interested in. Trust staff can also access our comprehensive range of electronic resources.
The Library is OPEN and staffed Monday to Friday. You can also contact us on 01274 223900 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to the library is gained via a glass door, please press the buzzer on this door and bring a form of work or personal ID for security identification. Due to security reasons, we can’t allow external users without an ID badge. BDCFT staff with an LMH security swipe card can access the Library 24 hours a day or go to Reception and sign for a temporary swipe card.
Our resources and services
- General enquiries: Library staff are here to help you with general enquiries, such as help finding books and information, checking references and finding statistics.
- Literature searching: If you require a literature search to support your work, library staff are here to help. We are happy to do the search for you (this service is for Trust staff).
- Books: We have approximately 8000 books on the shelves and access to a wide range of electronic books.
- Journals, interlibrary loan and document supply: We provide a number of print subscriptions and have access to approximately 1300 electronic journals. If we don’t have a specific item we can order it for you from another library (this service is for Trust staff).
- Health promotion resources and campaigns: a wide range of borrowable resources are available to promote health, including teaching packs, models and displays. We also have leaflets and posters available to order and regular health awareness campaigns.
- Current awareness: We produce a wide range of current awareness bulletins and alerts to keep you up to date. Please let us know your areas of interest and we will do the rest. (This service is for Trust staff).
- Databases: A full range of bibliographic databases are available, including Medline, CINAHL and PsycINFO. We also provide access to BMJ Best Practice, which summaries the best evidence on over 3000 topics.
- Training: We offer group and individual training on a range of information skills, including literature searching and critical appraisal.
- Study space and IT: a suite of PCs is available for Trust staff.
Knowledge and Library Hub
This is our single search box that connects you to all the library’s resources. Just pop in some keywords and you will get back a range of full-text books, journal articles and other online resources. Log in with your Athens account to get the full benefit this resource.
We work in partnership with the libraries at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust and Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to provide a comprehensive service for all NHS staff and students across the Bradford and Airedale District.
All NHS staff, students on placement and practising health promoters within the Bradford and Airedale district are eligible to join the library. To check your eligibility and register please go to the registration form. Please note that some resources and services and restricted to Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust staff.
For further information on our service please take a look at our delivery standards.