The Homeless and New Arrivals Health team are a primary care multi-disciplinary team which includes Mental Health Practitioners, Nurses, a Psychological Therapist and Support Worker.
We are an outreach team who offer a range of support and services to those in need, this includes:
- Mental health support – TB education and awareness
- Signposting – latent TB testing
- Household assessments – linking in with other services
- Psychological therapy – advocacy
- Those who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or living in unsecure tenure and are experiencing mental health difficulties and Asylum seekers in need of signposting and/or experiencing mental health difficulties.
Latent TB screening
- Those who are under 35 years old, who were born in countries with a TB rate of over 150 people per 100,000 and have lived in the UK for less than 5 years.
- Those seeking asylum whose journey increases their risk of contracting TB.
Self-referrals and referrals from voluntary, statutory, independent services and GP practices via post/fax or electronically from SystmOne.
Please feel free to call our team to discuss a client you would like to refer if you are unsure of our criteria.
Telephone: 01274 227555
Fax – 01274 323402
Address: Homeless and New Arrivals, Bevan House, Level 3, 16 Piccadilly, Bradford, BD1 3LS
Please be aware we are a community based team so are not always in the office, please leave a voice mail with your name, date of birth, NHS number, a contact number and short message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Bevan House, 16 Piccadilly, Bradford, BD1 3LS
Homeless UK: www.homelessuk.org
Refugee Action: www.refugee-action.org.uk
TB Alert: www.tbalert.org
Horton Housing: www.hortonhousing.co.uk
To receive the help and support of our team you can self-refer, this means that you can contact the team direct by calling 01274 227 555.
Health or social care professional or volunteer groups may suggest that the Homeless and New Arrivals Health Team can help you. In this case they can make a referral on your behalf using the online referral form on ‘SystmOne’ (a clinical record) or by calling 01274 227 555.