We are a hospital based service aiming to reduce alcohol related presentations, subsequent hospital admissions and engage patients and carers with appropriate services. We also want to reduce the need for you to attend Accident and Emergency or have a hospital stay due to alcohol related problems. We care for adults aged 18 and over that have been admitted to hospital or attended A&E and have had their alcohol use identified as a potential problem when they are screened.
The services we provide as part of the alcohol care team include:
- Health promotion and advice
- Referral to community support agencies for further support
- Review at our A&E alcohol follow up clinic
- Consultation to make sure the right treatment and care is provided
- Care planning if you regularly attend A&E with alcohol related issues
Healthcare experts you may meet include:
- Alcohol clinical nurse specialist.
- A&E doctor.
- Specialist alcohol worker.
We have teams based at Bradford Royal Infirmary and Airedale General Hospital.
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm