We are based at Airedale Hospital and Bradford Royal Infirmary and we work to reduce the need for you to attend Accident and Emergency or have a hospital stay due to alcohol related problems and can direct you to appropriate services. We care for adults aged 18 and over that have been admitted to hospital or attended A&E and have had their alcohol use identified as a potential problem when they are screened.
The services we provide as the Alcohol Care team include:
- Health promotion and advice.
- Referral to community support agencies for further support.
- Review at our A&E follow up clinic.
- Consultation to make sure the right treatment and care is provided.
- Care planning if you regularly attend A&E with alcohol related issues.
Healthcare experts you may meet include:
- Clinical nurse specialist.
- A&E doctor.
- Specialist worker.
Monday – Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm