Protect your feet on holiday
When on holiday – be aware!
- Hot weather can dry out your skin.
- New shoes and sandals can cause sores and blisters.
- Walking barefoot can lead to injuries.
- Feet sweat and swell more in hot weather.
- On holiday you may be on your feet more than at home – enjoy yourself but don’t overdo it.
- Remember, feet can get sunburnt.
Simple things you can do to protect your feet whilst on holiday
- Use moisturiser on your feet every day, especially your heels, avoiding between the toes.
- Make sure new shoes fit comfortably before you go on holiday.
- Be prepared – take plasters and antiseptic cream for blisters, cuts and sore spots.
- Wash and dry your feet well, especially between toes.
- Use a high factor suncream on your feet and toes regularly.
- Don’t walk barefoot!
Are you DIABETIC?
Follow our information on diabetic foot care.
Consult a podiatrist for advice
The podiatry administration office can be contacted on 01274 221165.
We value your feedback
If you have used our podiatry service, please rate and review your care at: