Our Trust exists in order to help meet the needs of you, our service users and their carers. This can only be achieved if we fully involve you at all levels within our organisation.
We are keen to involve you in the planning, development, monitoring of our services – to make sure they’re the very best.
How can you get involved?
Are you interested in getting involved; do you want to give something back; do you want to have a voice in how services are designed and delivered; do you want to be involved in the recruitment and selection of staff? To find out more about how to get involved:
- Speak to your care worker, key worker or care co-ordinator, or;
- Email the Patient Experience and Involvement team at email@example.com, visit our #YourVoiceMatters Involvement page.
- See the calendar of public meetings and events, including Board meetings, that you can get involved in.
- Get involved in our Carers Hub.
- Champions Show the Way volunteer community health champions
The Trust offers reimbursement of travel for involvement and payment for time for some involvement.
Involvement can offer therapeutic benefits. You will be supported throughout to make sure you feel comfortable and confident to be involved. We offer training and peer support sessions on a monthly basis.
If you work with service users/patients or carers who you think may be interested, please ask them to contact the patient experience and involvement team on 01274 228298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or please get in touch on their behalf, and with the appropriate consent, and share their details.