The NHS is offering vaccinations to those who are most at risk from COVID-19 and is now inviting those aged 60 and over, those with clinical vulnerabilities and carers to book their jab.
If you are in the priority groups that have been identified nationally, you will be advised when it’s your turn to have a vaccine and how to do this, so that everyone who needs a vaccine is able to get one.
What you can do to help
This is the largest vaccination programme in the history of the NHS and you can really help us to deliver it to those that need it most, by doing the following:
- When the NHS contacts you, please act immediately and make sure that you attend your booked appointment.
- Please continue to follow all the guidelines, particularly on hand hygiene and social distancing – even when you’ve had your vaccine – to control the virus and save lives.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions about the vaccine please visit our FAQs page.Find out more
About the national booking system
If you have received a letter inviting you to book your jab at a Vaccination Centre, you can log on to the national booking service at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination to book your jab.
If you're unable to book online, you can call 119 free of charge, anytime between 7am and 11pm, seven days a week, or you can get someone to do this for you.
As part of the booking process, you will be asked to:
• have two doses of the coronavirus vaccination at two appointments;
• book both appointments at the same time;
• get the second dose 11 to 12 weeks after getting your first dose.
If you are unable to leave the house to travel to where you are offered an appointment and cannot arrange for someone to help you, your local NHS services will be in contact with you.
If you receive a letter and already have an appointment booked to have your vaccine, you don’t need to do anything, just attend your scheduled appointment.Find out more
Was this page helpful?
Please provide your feedback using this form so we can improve the information available to youProvide feedback