People aged 16 and 17 are able to book their COVID-19 jabs through the National Booking Service.
For those over 50, the NHS will be in touch to offer a booster jab that will be at least six months after their second vaccination.
What you can do to help
This is the largest vaccination programme in the history of the NHS and you can really help us by doing the following:
- Book an appointment via the national booking system.
- Grab a Jab at a local walk in clinic.
- Please remain vigilant with hand hygiene and social distancing, and consider wearing a face mask in crowded places – even when you’ve had your vaccine – to control the virus and save lives.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions about the vaccine please visit our FAQs page.Find out more
About the national booking system
If the NHS has asked you book your jab at a Vaccination Centre, you can log on to the national booking service at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination to book your jab. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, postcode and ideally your NHS number.
If you're unable to book online, you can call 119 free of charge, anytime between 7am and 11pm, seven days a week, or you can get someone to do this for you. The phone line has interpreters and a British Sign Language facility on request.
As part of the booking process, you will be asked to:
• have two doses of the coronavirus vaccination at two appointments;
• book both appointments at the same time;
• get the second dose 8-11 weeks after getting your first dose.
You will be asked to provide details of your identity at the time of booking, when you arrive for your appointment and before you are vaccinated.
The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to book your jab.
If you are unable to leave the house to travel to where you are offered an appointment and cannot arrange for someone to help you, your local NHS services will be in contact with you.
If you receive a letter and already have an appointment booked to have your vaccine, you don’t need to do anything, just attend your scheduled appointment.Find out more
Was this page helpful?
Please provide your feedback using this form so we can improve the information available to youProvide feedback