Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/bdct.nhs.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
This section includes policy proposals and decisions: decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
The Board of Directors has a number of decision making groups that look at our processes, authorise decisions and agree our direction and policies. Each decision making group has a ‘terms of reference’ (these are the rules for how the group should work).
Here you will find a brief description of all our decision making groups along with their terms of reference.
- Audit Committee – looks at if our systems of internal control and our assurance framework are right. It provides the Board with an independent and objective review of financial and corporate governance, risk management, external and internal audit programmes. It is responsible for making sure the Trust is well governed. See the Terms of Reference
- Quality & Safety Committee (QSC); This committee has a duty to ensure we are providing high quality, safe services. It seeks assurance on a range of quality and safety issues and identifies and shares good practice. Where required, actions are taken to make sure our services continue to improve. The QSC oversees these actions. See the Terms of Reference
- Mental Health Legislation Committee (MHLC) – looks at if our processes around mental health legislation are right. It has a wide membership which includes non-executive and executive directors, hospital managers, senior clinicians and service user and carer representatives. See the Terms of Reference.
- Finance, Business and Investment Committee – looks at our financial and business planning. This group meets every two months to focus on financial reporting and monitoring, and future commercial investment priorities. Its membership includes our Chair, Non-Executive Directors, our Chief Executive and Directors of Finance and Strategy. See the Terms of Reference
- Charitable Committee – looks at our charitable activities and checks that we are within the law and regulations set by the Charity Commissioners for England and Wales. The Board is responsible for this area but this committee looks in detail at charitable matters and works with the Charity Commissioners when necessary. See the terms of reference.
- Nominations Committee – looks at the structure, size and composition of the Board and, where necessary, is responsible for identifying and nominating for appointment candidates at Executive Director level (including the Chief Executive).
- Remuneration Committee – looks at the remuneration and terms of service for the Chief Executive, Executive Directors, Associate Directors, Senior Managers and the wider workforce.
- Executive Management Team – is our Chief Executive, Executive Directors and the Trust Secretary. The Chief Executive is the accountable officer and Directors are responsible for the day to day management of their own corporate departments.
- Executive Management Team Structure – please contact the communications team firstname.lastname@example.org for further info.
- Board Standing Orders – the Board of Directors and employees of the Trust operate in accordance with agreed Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and a Scheme of Delegation, which are reviewed annually.